Your sump pump is one of those things you may not consider until you need it—then you trust it’s running as it should. The good news is that the professionals at Falso Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your East Syracuse home.
Sump pumps can stop running for a number of different reasons and we’ve possibly witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Falso Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and examine your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with various preventive maintenance tricks to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our team will observe your sump pump for proper operation and if we see any evidence of a possible mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to remember there are multiple easy things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is vertical and not falling to one side since it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unblocked.
Because your sump pump is basically a type of insurance to protect your living space and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Falso Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 315-313-6531
or request an appointment online.