If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak may include the following:
- The scent of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances attached to the gas line, i.e. gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or discolored grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house complaining about symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are worried they may be related to a gas leak, get out of your home and call 911 right away, followed by your utility company.
In some cases, the utility company will fix a gas leak, but in most cases the homeowner is liable. Luckily, the team at Falso Service Experts are fully trained to install or repair gas lines and we are dedicated to getting the job done right, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a ton of things to get done around the house that homeowners want to take on by themselves, gas line repair should to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all East Syracuse codes.
From installing gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Falso Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to take on a host of gas line projects in the East Syracuse community, so no job is too much for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As mentioned before, the first thing you need to do if you are concerned about a gas leak is leave your home and then call 911 immediately. After emergency responders are on their way, call your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Falso Service Experts to arrange a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, ought to be taken very seriously. Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever nervous about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide doesn’t have a scent and can’t be easily detected. The EPA recommends these steps to decrease exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances safely adjusted.
- Put in and take advantage of an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have an expert inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and take care of any leaks right away.
For more tips on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, check out our blog.