What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by incomplete fuel combustion frequently caused by not enough oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not working correctly or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is deadly at heightened levels or with extended exposure.