Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Doing proper safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in East Syracuse.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated properly but can make carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating correctly, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Falso Service Experts.