Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Completing proper safety precautions will reduce your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in East Syracuse.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when run properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating accurately, especially your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe heating by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Falso Service Experts.