When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it could still be hiding toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first think about going the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets costly fast. In addition, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to make the most of the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with Falso Service Experts to help you pick out and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban settings. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration system. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more murky water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to bring steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Falso Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Falso Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.