Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in East Syracuse, you might be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, in addition to the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by running at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Falso Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the correct advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your wallet if you install both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t often any big imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is typically a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can avoid the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your residence comfier and lowering your long-term utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll pay for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Falso Service Experts. We understand the expense of replacing your full system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 315-313-6531 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.