Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, plus the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by running at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the proper amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Falso Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your bank account if you install both systems together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any large imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the best efficiency, making your residence cozier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you might even qualify for an exclusive deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Falso Service Experts. We understand the expense of replacing your full system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 315-313-6531 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.