When severe weather comes around, whether it’s forecasted or not, it can have a big impact. Staying safe and protecting your home are your highest priorities, but did you know there are opportunities for you to prep your air conditioner so that when the storm passes, your AC repair technician will give you the thumbs up?
Taking even a small bit of time to think about your heating and cooling systems before the storm hits can help you prevent damage to your system when it’s all said and done. Then, when you schedule for an AC repair expert to check your system post-storm, they can probably provide you with good news that your preparations were worth the time.
At Falso Service Experts, we recognize that there’s only so much prep work you can do to get ready for severe weather, and time might not give you much warning, so we’ve put together a a checklist of what you can do before and after a severe weather event occurs.
- Turn off your heating and cooling equipment. Power surges are commonplace during severe weather, so be sure to turn off your system via your thermostat and your circuit breaker to know for sure it is completely off.
- Cover the outdoor unit. Whether it’s a specific AC cover or simply a tarp, covering your system and securing the cover has the ability to keep away any debris that gets strewn about during threatening weather. Just make sure you have turned the system fully off prior to covering it with anything.
- Prep your yard. Make sure all loose outdoor items such as grills, patio furniture and any yard tools are put away in a protected place so that they don’t get thrown around during the bad weather.
- Clear the debris. Once it is safe to head out of your home, be sure any debris is cleared away from your outdoor unit.
- Damaged? If you notice any damage to your system or if it is sitting in standing water, call Falso Service Experts prior to turning on your air conditioner. We can properly check out your system and determine whether or not an AC repair is needed.
Of course we all hope that bad weather doesn’t hit us in East Syracuse, but we have to be ready if we want the best chance to avert any major damage or other issues that may come with it. If you have any questions about how to best get ready for bad weather in East Syracuse or want to know what our AC repair service consists of after the storm has come and gone, give us a call at 315-313-6531 or schedule an appointment with Falso Service Experts through our online scheduler.