Whether you add a sunroom, family room or other space to your home, being comfortable in your new space no matter the weather is a priority. However, they can make a unique problem for comfort. This is because adding ductwork is costly. And that your heating and cooling system may not be deal with the increased load, because it was sized without considering the addition.
One of the most affordable solutions is to add a mini-split. This system offers energy-efficient heating and cooling, with no ductwork required. Learn more about mini-splits and how installing one in your addition can be a fantastic solution.
All About Mini-Splits and How They Work
A ductless mini-split has an outdoor condenser that can link to several indoor units. These units are sleek, quiet and often placed on the wall. These systems move heat from indoor or outdoor air, so they’re regularly called a mini-split heat pump, as they’re much like ducted heat pumps that southern homeowners have used for decades.
Heat pumps are very energy efficient as they shift heat to make your room cozier. In actuality, many have reached ENERGY STAR® certification, which can make you eligible for extra rebates and lower your utility costs for years to come.
Another exclusive feature involves zoned heating and cooling. Since each room usually has its own indoor unit, you can choose your preferred temperature from room to room. As an instance, a mini-split AC is especially helpful if you have a space with precise temperature needs, including a home gym.
Why a Mini-Split is Worth It for Your Room
Having a mini-split system is worth it for areas that don’t have ductwork. Here are a few reasons why it’s smarter than extending ductwork and using your present heating and cooling system.
- Installing ductwork is expensive. Extending ductwork in your new addition can be expensive. Although the precise figure will depend on your home, it be as much as thousands of dollars.
- Your current home comfort system could become stressed. When your current heating and cooling system was put in, it was based on the square footage of your home prior to the addition. This may overwhelm your system and make it fail more quickly.
- Your comfort might decrease. Because your heating and cooling system is sized for specific square footage, your comfort may suffer if your system is required to manage a wider space. Your heating and cooling may be less effective, and your energy expenses could go up due to the system needing to operate more frequently.
What Size Mini-Split You Need
Like regular systems, mini-splits are available in various sizes based on the square footage they’ll be heating and cooling. Here are three of the most regularly installed sizes:
- 400-650 square feet – 12,000 BTU mini-split
- 600-1,000 square feet – 18,000 BTU mini-split
- 800-1,300 square feet – 24,000 BTU mini-split
When you work with our Experts at Falso Service Experts, we’ll help you choose the correct size for your new area. And your budget.
An ENERGY STAR mini-split unit can generate huge energy savings over its life cycle, which can be 20 years or more when properly serviced. ENERGY STAR says installing one can save you 60% on heating and 30% on cooling, in contrast to an electric heating system and conventional air conditioner.
Trust Falso Service Experts for Your Mini-Split Installation
From taking care of all your questions and helping you select the ideal model to delivering Expert mini-split installation, Falso Service Experts can take care of all your mini-split needs. If you’re thinking about a home addition or recently wrapped one up, we can provide support. Reach us at 315-313-6531 today to request a free consultation and estimate.