No matter what the weather outside, the temperature within your house dictates how comfortable your family will feel. Set it just right and your home will feel like a enjoyable escape from it all. But if your HVAC system isn’t working correctly, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be fun.
Brace yourself to take a thorough look at the way you’re managing your heating and cooling equipment. It could be the difference between a stable system or a pathetic performer. Work through this quick quiz from Service Experts to see how you stack up.
- The warm season is coming up fast. How do you get your system ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for seasonal maintenance.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re having an event on a hot night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What’s your first step?
- Ask my guests to bring icy beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it operating before guests arrive.
- Plug in my fans and wish for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is pretty old. What will you do when it’s time for a replacement?
- Have my contractor select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Save worries and bills by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most expensive system on the market.
- When you get your next monthly energy bill, what do you suppose you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My heating and cooling bills have gotten expensive.
- It will be similar to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I read it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are shocking.
- Your HVAC system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Get my toolbox and spend a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Call a professional technician to examine it.
- Forget about it and pray it ends.
Time to tally your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on. You’re taking care of your system and you prepared a plan for your future replacement. But if you responded to any of these problems with As or Cs, you should make some changes to help your HVAC perform better. Keep reading to see how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Book Seasonal Maintenance While changing your air filter and clearing your vents are useful tasks to ready your equipment for a season change, a professional tune-up is helpful to conclude the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your professional technician will complete a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency of your system. And while they’re in your home, your HVAC professional will look out for more significant issues for your home. That could save you a pricey breakdown later in the season.
Work with a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained heating and cooling systems can have problems periodically. And it always seems to occur at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to customers at no extra cost.
Have a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some heating and cooling systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Build a plan now to bypass last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and don’t ignore it when they dramatically change. Your energy bills can tell you more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a regular climb in your expenses but no difference in home comfort, something is definitely going on with your HVAC. An updated high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Take action when you hear a odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It indicates something is wrong with your system. Even if it’s a comparatively small problem, left unchecked it could make for an expensive repair later on. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to diagnose and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t treat it right. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, added costs and annoyance. And if your HVAC just isn’t cutting it anymore, consider choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!