It’s frigid outside. Much of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always eager to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Falso Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.