Scheduling routine AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner equipment in East Syracuse working at its top performance while keeping utility usage small. It also may even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a few things you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Falso Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can take alone as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large dose of home, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a great idea to include AC tune-ups on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC unit cleaned and inspected. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or a new unit, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that could turn extremely unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a freshened cooling system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning service can be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your air conditioning unit in the prime state:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and could decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly important if you deal with allergies or have animals in your house.
- Lawn work around the outside condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also get rid of any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your unit, since this can block airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Falso Service Experts at 315-313-6531, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver safe operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working like they should and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from soil and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to double check your equipment is starting, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that involve extra work, we are prepared to offer you the most cost-effective solution. Locating possible problems in a timely manner can solve larger issues down the road. This also provides you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern cooling system, our Experts will assist you to locate the best system for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your maintenance? Give us a call at 315-313-6531 or schedule an appointment online right away.