Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for fresh air and your power bill is normally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heating or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are some ideas for saving energy in East Syracuse and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in newer air conditioning systems is a huge plus in keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of several other methods to help keep your home cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 315-313-6531 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your home. And like always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.