Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your power bill is often at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heating or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in East Syracuse and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it operate more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility costs down.
If your air conditioning equipment has experienced better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in modern air conditioning systems is a huge plus in keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can try several other approaches to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save energy and money. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you conclude it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 315-313-6531 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the right solution for your house. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.