When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s wants in East Syracuse. A tankless water heater is a decent route for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for use, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you might with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are smaller in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to use.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it goes to the tap, where you get hot water. One note about tankless water heaters—particularly for big homes—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to accommodate numerous uses at once. One of our professionals will help you decide what your flow rate is and give you recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people decide to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of households in the East Syracuse area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the bonuses of having one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifecycle of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units carry a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get improved energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be hung on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be put in under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the chance of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Falso Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your East Syracuse home. It’s a great energy-efficient addition for your home. We have quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs, 24/7/365. Give our team a call at 315-313-6531
or request an appointment with us online.